To kick my ass into gear, I’m going to try and participate in a couple challenges for fun this coming year! Progress will be recorded on this page, so periodically check so you can poke at me to work~
2014 Series Challenge
Octavia at Read. Sleep. Repeat. is hosting a challenge to get us finishing those series that are piling up on us! I’ve got plenty of different series I’ve been planning on reading, especially a lot of YA that the blogosphere has gotten me rather interested, so I figured I would give it ago. Plus there’s badges, too, so it’ll feel like Pokemon! 😀
- You have to FINISH the series
- If the series isn’t complete yet, or will not be completed before December 1st, 2014 read up to the most recent book in said series.
- Novellas count, but are optional.
- HAVE fun
- If you decide to break up with a series after book one, it does not count!
- You do not have to START the series in 2014, you just have to FINISH it in 2014
- Series that you started prior to 2014 are fine as long as you FINISH the series in 2014
- The series has to have at least 2 books out prior to December 1st, 2014
- Proof that you finished the book is required. It could be a full review, a mini review, or a rating with a few lines.
- DNF’s do not count. PERIOD.
I’ll keep a list of the series I’m working on reading as well as the links to the reviews for proof below, in alphabetical order by series title. ❤ Additionally once I get to the point of having badges, I’ll post them here too! I’m quite excited~
Series I Plan On Reading/Am Currently Reading:
Unfortunately not all I’m interested in I can find banners for at this time… I’m sure I’ll find some way to compensate when the time comes, haha!
Kelley’s 2014 Bingo Challenge
Kelley at Another Novel Read created a bingo sheet for 2014 suited to her needs and I found that it works for me too. BEST OF ALL SHE MENTIONED VISUAL NOVELS AND I SWEAR I THOUGHT NO ONE CARED ABOUT THEM. D: ❤ I’ll attempt to update the picture when I finish boxes (though I have no understanding of Photoshop…).
- B1: Book I bought but haven’t read yet
- B2: Book recommended by a friend
- B3: Book outside my comfort zone
- B4: Book that teaches me something
- B5: Finish/reread a series
- I1: Nonfiction book I already own
- I2: Book I got for free
- I3: Ebook I already own
- I4: Book I’m excited for
- I5: Book about food
- N1: Classic on my TBR list
- N2: 2013 debut I missed last year
- N3: FREE SQUARE!
- N4: Verse novel
- N5: Book I got signed but haven’t read
- G1: Finish a series ending in 2014
- G2: Adult book on my TBR list
- G3: Book by an author I haven’t read before
- G4: Book that uses experimental prose
- G5: Finish a series that ended before 2014
- O1: Standalone book on my TBR list
- O2: Indie book
- O3: Book I started years ago and forgot about
- O4: Visual novel
- O5: Chunkster
2014 Standalone Reading Challenge
I need more standalone books in my life. I really do. I want to read series but there’s this satisfying feeling of being able to read one book and not have that obligation to keep going and spending more money. And it’s getting more and more difficult to find these, especially in YA and Sci-Fi/Fantasy. So I felt this challenge would suit me well~
To read 15 Young Adult and Middle Grade standalone novels in 2014 released in the United States between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014.
Progress will be linked here~